Pierced Heart Patch - NEW
7.5 x 3 in. Iron on patch
Embroidered design on black velvet
There is a long symbology attached to pierced hearts ranging from a place of the sacred, to the grace of self sacrifice, to deep mourning and loss. I'm not sure which I was specifically channeling when making this design, but I do know that it's helpful for me to have flexible symbols, ones that shift with me as I enter new phases of life.
Heat seal backing info:
Heat seal allows patch application to your garment via home iron. Heat seal backings add stiffness to patches, allowing them to lay flat. This patch is rated 50-80 washing cycles. When using heat seal, it is advisable to sew a few stitches to hold the patch in place. Heat seal doesn't work with nylon, and other synthetic fabrics.
1) Wash fabric first. Fabric softener should not be used.
2) Set iron to cotton setting. Do not use steam, and remove water from iron.
3) Lay your garment out on a hard, heat tolerant surface. A padded ironing board is not hard enough. Try placing a cutting board above padding.
4) Place heatseal side of patch onto fabric in desired placement area. Iron design for approximately 30-60 seconds, applying pressure. Do not move iron side to side as this may cause design to shift. Heavier fabrics may require more time, and lighter fabrics may require less time.
5) Allow time to cool, then make sure entire surface area is applied to fabric. If all pieces did not adhere, reapply heat for an additional 20-30 seconds. Allow to cool.
6) Turn garment inside out and apply iron to back of design area for approximately 30 seconds. Wait 48 hours before washing, and turn garment inside out when doing so.